Thanks for checking out the Dean Guitars Shredder Search Guitar contest! We have had an amazing worldwide response. We really appreciate all of you that have taken the time to submit your videos. Definitely take some time to Rate other guitarists videos and tell your friends to join in on the contest. We want the world to see all of you and to experience the world of Dean Guitars.
After seeing 200 videos, some great some not so great, it is important that you follow the instructions...AND most importantly...
TURN UP THE LIGHTS! If we can't see you - it's no good! ...and...
WATCH YOUR VIDEO before uploading....is it bright enough? is the sound audible? Can we see your face?
Your sound, skill, showmanship, style, stage presence are also all
important factors. Consider a cool location other than your bedroom!
We like heaviness, we like fast playing and we like melody. Dime's riffs and solos were not always played at breakneck speed, but the instrument mastery and personality was always there....and we are looking for your unique mix of those qualities.
Once your video is uploaded, it has to be approved by the contest administrator. This can take from five minutes to several hours depending on how many entries we have. Please be patient. Don't keep uploading your video as that will slow the whole process down.
You will receive an e-mail letting you know that your video is approved. We are approving them as fast as possible.
Deadline for submission is in October. However, the sooner the better to increase your chances of winning and being seen by the judges and fans. Your overall score is a combination of your average rating, plus how many times your video has been viewed and rated by the public. Videos that have been viewed and rated higher more often have a better chance of getting in front of the celebrity judges. Entry only via the contest site, we are not responsible for any technical glitches and do not accept email or mail-in submissions.
Thanks a lot for participating in the Dean Guitars Shredder Search and good luck!
- *Don't Register until you are ready to upload your video! (SEE ABOVE)
- Only register ONE TIME. We review submissions daily so if you don't see your video up there right away, check back tomorrow.
- Make sure you use GOOD LIGHTING (natural, direct and indirect)!
- We recommend you use a standard video format for uploading like .MOV (Mac/QuickTime) or .AVI (Windows) for best video and audio quality.
.MPEG, .MPG, .MPG3 and .MP4 will work too but your video & audio quality will be low.
USE STANDARD VIDEO TOOLS! If your video fails to load, it is most likely due to it being in a corrupted file format or non standard file format. Try creating a video using STANDARD TOOLS like QuickTime Pro (which can output your video to all standard file types) or use the FREE Windows Movie Maker that is on your computer to output to DV AVI (AVI).
- DON'T PLACE SPACES or NON-ALPHANUMERIC CHARACTERS IN YOUR VIDEO FILE NAME (! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) - + ...etc) or GIVE YOUR FILES UNNECESSARILY LONG NAMES. DOING SO WILL CAUSE YOUR UPLOAD TO FAIL.**
Suggested file naming conventions...
- Target upload size for best audio and picture for a one-minute video is about 11 to 20 Megabytes (MB) for Mac & Windows; Smaller file sizes are fine too, just make your minute count! HD quality video can be obtained for a 1 minute video under 50 MB, so upload the highest quality possible.
Output your video to (4:3 format, 480 x 360) 480 pixels wide by 360 pixels high to eliminate distortion, unused window space, etc., for maximum effect. Output your Audio Frequency to digital quality - 44 kHz.
*Files OVER 50MB WILL FAIL. If you are having an upload issue, try using a smaller video. (See Above)
**VIDEOS LONGER THAN 60 SECONDS WILL NOT BE APPROVED!
***Videos will be scaled to size.
- You can also upload a photo for your thumbnail image in the Shredder Gallery..a promo photo opp! Simply replace your default profile pic (video screen capture) with a customized photo. Deck it our however you see fit (tastefully!) to attract attention to your shred video. Your Thumbnail photo will automatically be created for you, and will be accessable upon successful registration.
*NOTE: Create your profile photo to be 450 pixels wide and 300 pixels high. This is what users will see when clicking on your profile photo. If you create your photo to be smaller or larger than this size it will automatically be re-sized to fit these dimensions. To eliminate distortion, set your photo creation size to 450 pixels wide and 300 pixels high.
- Encourage your friends, family, acquaintances to vote for your video. Shortly after you submit your video, you will be sent a URL showing where your video will appear. Send this URL and banner to your contacts and let them in on the contest! Plus if they vote, they can win a free swag pack. Videos are previewed and approved for basic content by contest administration.
- A combination of how many times your entry is rated by the fans, your average score, along with the quality and undeniable devastation in your performance and skills is key to getting your video seen by our panel of world-class musicians and Dean Artist Relations.